Tuesday, September 11, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL.........

On season 12 I Arianne Lee Dabney tried out for American Idol. I waited in the long lines like everyone ear who wanted the same thong I did which was a chance. After hours in line, I finally auditioned for the guy who said YES! He told me to be careful with my runs but I had a great voice. I went home feeling good and I celebrated that night with my loved ones including D.J. Capt. Charles who said drinks on him. He was so proud of me, and wk was my friends and family. I explained to my dad that because I didn't know how this would play out and niether did American Idol, I would take a semester out from school. He wasn't happy but he understood my Passion and my faith. On yesterday 9-10-12 I again went to Baton Rouge to the next round of auditions. I walk into A room of at least 15 people on a panel waiting to hear me sing. I sing and after a quick silence, they say YES! ANOTHER celebration with my family. 10 min later. I walk the most intimidating room of 15 more executive producers of the show with cameras and lights everywhere. I sing the same song. Whitney Houston you give good love. My heart is ponding so hard and so loud I van hear it clearer than I hear my heals click. All of them in there British accents give ONLY compliments but say " I'm going to say NO!" I was in total shock. I wasn't angry. I said thank you and walked off into my third interview but my last with this show. The same day I got back into new orleans I went to Xavier University to get back into class for the semester to see if it was too late. Dr. Hale did not take it easy on me. Because of the hurricane, classes were postponed and I was able to get back in class. God has total control over everything. He made this all possible. He always does. This was a step of faith I took in his name and he knew it. American idol was not apart of my journey and he showed me. I sit in class as I type this message on any phone thanking all of my family memebers who still stood by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment